Sunday, May 07, 2006

Complete six course meal

Cooking is a lot of fun when you're doing it for a lot of really cool people. If you ever need any ideas, here's something that I did last Friday night. Not bad at all for a college age student, a male no less.



Candles... always a must to set the mood.


Course 1: Roasted asparagus bruschetta with garlic and olive oil.


Course 2: Strawberry Spinach salad in a sweet vinaigrette dressing


Course 3: Roasted Asparagus in Lemon Butter (ok, so I didn't get a picture of this one, but yeah, it's more or less the same thing.


Course 4a: Wild mushroom risotto


Course 4b: Sauteed scallops and shrimp



Course 5: Grilled Steak Filets in a Red Wine Sauce (again, not my own picture: the sauce looks like the same one I made, but I didn't make green beans or mashed potatoes (wanted to though). I did have a garnish that Grace took a picture of:

Cool huh?


Course 5b: Grilled Portabellos in olive oil, with a bunch of tiny tomato rose garnishes already done.


Course 6: in the making: Strawberry shortcake. Mmmm, pretty. The cake, I mean. Though the girl is cute too.


Me, pretending like I know what i'm doing in the kitchen.


Lastly, add sparkling cider to make for a classy night.

So exhausted at the end of the day, but all of that planning and labor was completely worth it. Too bad I didn't get pictures of any of the food (most of the above were courtesy of Grace).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home