Friday, February 17, 2006

Watch out. Emo post ahead.

Seriously, I'm warning you, you may not want to read this.

Ever had that feeling, at the end of the day, where you can't help but think to yourself, "Fuck, this can't be my life," and then have the inexplicable urge to crawl into a hole somewhere and wait for everything to stop or blow over? Yeah, that was me today.

I mean, true, our lives aren't easy, but when you're trying to please everyone all of the time, there's no time to just sit and relax. I'm not putting myself through all of this stuff for other people, am I? Or is this all something that I'm doing for myself?

Well now that all of that abstract crap is out of the way, let's get on with the story. I woke up a little to get to get coffee before class, so as expected, there was no high before the crash (kinda like _/\___). It was just flatline (more like _____). I'm really surprised that I made it through the day. So after two classes in which I fell asleep, next was lab, trying, once again, only not to fuck up too badly or to get in anyone's way. The problem with Fridays is that we have a group meeting around noon, which cuts into the middle of lab. And with the meetings lasting close to two hours, this lops off a significant portion of time to get anything done. Usually, this isn't a problem, I'd just stay a little later, until 6, maybe. But the kicker was that because of President's day weekend, the UA class had its meeting rescheduled for 4-6 on friday afternoon, when usually we meet on Mondays at 1-3. When I told my grad student about having to leave at 4, he responded, "Tell the class, 'Well fuck you.'" If it were any other class like a lecture, who knows, maybe I'd do just that. But for a class whose grade depends solely on attendance, I'd have to think about it. I mean, the class wouldn't be meeting if it wasn't important, right?
So at 4, I slip out, feeling guilty and nervous all at the same time, since my experiment was still running at the time. The good thing though, was that the class lasted for an hour fifteen, rather than the full two hours. I got back to lab at 5:20, thinking that the grad student would be pissed or something. I should probably have known this by now, but he doesn't give a shit. I don't think he gives a shit about anything. Whatever. So even after coming back, there's still not enough time to finish everything I was supposed to have finished, so I'm heading back during the weekend.
On the way home, I notice that something's going on inside of Pauley. It was some men's volleyball game. So I meander in, probably looking really lost and confused. I'm assuming that the lady at the door noticed this, and she must have felt sorry for me and told me to go in. Didn't even bother to check my ID, though I'm sure it was a safe assumption that I'm a student. I don't even like volleyball.
Rather than pay attention to the game (which I tried to, I really did), I just kind of stared off onto the court. The inside was really brightly lit, but you'd notice that only because there were so few spectators. During, say, a basketball game, the larger crowd would draw your attention from this fact. After the end of the second game, I walked home in the rain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home