I wouldn't call it Mac envy...

...but rather a marriage of two estranged families. The way I figure, I'm familiar enough with both macs and pc's to be able to use both with ease. I like gui for macs (oh-so-trendy), but I feel like I'm much more in control of with PCs. I mean, I actually like having the start button that leads to everything that I could possibly need to access, all from one place (I guess you can't see it here). Quicklaunch and the dock probably aren't both necessary at the same time, but the good thing about quicklaunch is that the rest of the programs not shown can appear from the dropdown. The good thing about the dock is the big icons, it doesn't get any simpler to access programs. Though really now, it's almost condescending, as if users wouldn't otherwise be able to find their own apps. "Ooooh, I push big button now. *clap hands* It open! It open!" And after sticking more than ten programs on the dock, it starts to feel cluttered. Fine for people who use only a few programs, like Word, Firefox, iTunes, Photoshop maybe. But see how there's already 14 programs on the dock? What about the ones that aren't down there? On a regular Mac, it really isn't any simpler than a PC, cuz then you've gotta open up Finder, then Applications, then open the folder for the application, then the program itself. Kinda wish that I had the expose thing though... that alone is worth the extra money to buy a mac. In the meantime though, I rather like the change. My desktop feels much bigger now too. Like I said, the best of both worlds.
Then again, I may have also created a monster... urgghhhh.... Frankenstein...hungry...for Apple....pie... sitting on the Windows....*oh-so-lame*
Labels: Archive

1 Comments:
I like.
Apple=love/hate for me. the product is great, the company is vain.
get a macintel and dual boot os x and vista
better yet, just use SuSE ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home