Friday, April 28, 2006

I can smell a premed from a mile away

Alternate title: Super flaming fisticles of anality

So right now, I just got out of a midterm. For Thermo Chem. Yeesh.

I'm chatting with a guy in the class, excercising our right to complain, when lo and behold, this really annoying (really annoying) girl comes up ands taps me on the shoulder. I recognize her from somewhere, and not just as the really annoying girl who sits at the front of the class, yapping at the professor when he lectures. By the way, her voice sounds like that of a seal. Being fed to a meat grinder.
Oh, right, she's in the LS 2 discussion section that I help teach, I remember now. Whatever.

Her:
Hey, I didn't know you were in this class.

Me:
Uhh, yeah.

Her:
*small banter, maybe a word or two, until she inexorably busts out asking:* So how'd you do on the midterm?

Me:
Didn't we just get out of that midterm?

(My god she's asking and badgering already)

Me: (with a sudden realization)
You're premed, aren't you?

Her:
How'd you know?

(Because, I can smell one from a mile away)

Completely fits the profile. As expected, she's the really anal type who would ask everyone about how they did on the midterm, then gloat that she thought it was easy. Super overachiever, took Quantum chemistry last quarter (she's a first year: most people don't take quantum until their third or fourth), and decided to take it "easy".

Eh, sure, whatever floats her boat.

Ok, so it's not to say that anyone who is premed is extremely uptight and overworked, nor does it mean that anyone who isn't premed is uber lazy either. After all, I understand the value of hard work (I'm working on pg.9 of a fricking 20 page lab report due at 5 this afternoon), but there's always time to just relax and chill. On a Friday. After a midterm.

To all of you premeds... fricking turn off those premed genes every once in a while. Your life will be better for it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger NeoPeo said...

wow you updated!! buahaha. flaming fisticles of anality. me like.

3:42 PM  
Blogger ys said...

hahahahaha. I love it, so funny and SO TRUE.

11:36 AM  
Blogger maidenhair said...

HIIIIIII DAVID. I MIGHT BE PREMED!!!!!! CAN YOU SMELL ME? =D

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home