I'm always afraid that my emails sound too ... utilitarian.
Whenever I'm emailing professors or other administrators, yeah, I try not to waste their time with small talk, but at the same time, when I read things over, the message sounds so impersonal... almost too business-like. I feel obligated to insert a random =D, but that always seems odd and inappropriate. So I try to conclude the emails by sounding very excited, like "Thanks for everything!"
Literally, the response I got for this one pretty long email I sent was "ok." Things like that make me even more nervous. Do I come off as so unfriendly as to warrant a similarly unfriendly response? Not even a "That sounds great, I'll see you tomorrow" in response to making an appointment with someone.
So uhm... Great! I'll see you the next time you drop by this website.

1 Comments:
Some people are just rude. Don't feel bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home