A Waking Life kind of moment
Not really panting nor struggling to breathe, I amassed with great ease a rather significant lead over the other competitors in the race around the building that in retrospect resembled what the Orientation counselors used to tell their kids was the marathon around the Factor Building; up the stairs, down the hall, loop around, and again and again. Hmmm, I'm getting kinda hungry. Hey! Look! How convenient, I have a croissant in my hand! I'll just tear little pieces of it off so that I can eat while running, and it won't slow me down too much.
....
Whoah, what a weird dream. I've gotta tell someone about it. Well, since I'm already amongst a group of people, I can tell them my story. "hey guys, you wouldn't believe the weird dream that I had yesterday night. I... I...." The words just don't come out of my mouth. I'm thinking everything that I'm trying to say, but I can't even form any semblance of a word.
-------
Whoah, that was just a dream. First time I can remember having a dream within a dream. If you've ever seen the movie Waking Life, it opens your eyes to this trippy thought. After all, if you can't tell that you're dreaming in the middle of your sleep, who's to say that you're not just caught up in a dream right now? What if this perceived existence in which we live is nothing more than a dream?
When I count back from three and snap my fingers, maybe you'll wake up .... three... two... one...
*snap*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home