Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I want that map!

I look forward to going to physics lab every week. No, not that the experiments are eye-opening; they've become just a tad mundane. Nice change of pace from lectures, but no, I like going to lab for another reason. In the hallway just outside of the lab for Physics 6B, there is a gigantic map of the greater Los Angeles County and its surrounding areas. Wait no, if I know my SoCal geography (which I don't), the map encompasses a massive portion of the entire Southland. The feature that impresses me most about this map highlights each county, each city, but not only that, within each city, the detail is so fine that it plots out individual streets. All throughout the entire area of the map. If I could highlight or use a dry erase marker on the board, I'd mark up all of the places that I've heard of and all of the places I've been, just to show the relative geographic locations between them. Looking at that map makes me feel small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home