Long overdue
*Note: I do anticipate this post becoming extremely long. I'll be posting in multiple stages, editing and adding on to the end rather than splitting the post into parts 1, 2, 3. So read on, but be aware that there may be more to come.
Now that the summer is over, it’s about time to recap the things that have happened. There’s still a sort of ambivalence that lingers – yes, the summer actually felt pretty long, almost just about right, though I do wish that I had an extra week to settle in and be able to say hi to everyone again without feeling rushed to get back into the swing of classes. Bleh, maybe I do need a kick in the butt to get back into gear. I may have been getting dumber and dumber. Now, time to search for that book… the one with… all of them words what goes into the Engrish language… “dictionary”, is what I reckons they calls it. I don’t know where I dones put it. Ah, heres it be.
Ahem…
Summer School, Session A – June 27th to August 5th:
With the help of a little Timesuck and a guy named Karl, session A wasn’t too bad at all. Between the studying away from the apartment and spending all of that time at Jenn’s place, I managed to completely avoid the apartment (and those damn fleas that the cat left behind), sleeping excluded, of course. Biochem 153A and Writing 100W both turned out to be among the top 5 classes I’ve taken thus far at UCLA. If you’re wondering, Karl is a guy in my 153 class whom I met in discussion. That guy did some hardcore studying, and kicked my ass into gear to get my studying done as well. Seriously, if not for him, I would have done miserably in that class. The writing class was interesting, definitely the smallest class (and the smallest room) I’ve seen. The topic of the class was health and wellness, so of course it doesn’t hurt to have an interest in the health sciences. Most of the readings were fairly interesting, albeit repetitive. ::hypnotically:: "Yes, I now realize the importance of a holistic approach to the notion of health." Not that I didn't know that before.
***

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home