Saturday, April 23, 2005

News for the week(end)

So I've been back to school for about a week now, and I've got two midterms next week. I like my professors even less than last quarter, though it's interesting having a female chem prof for once. Not that it really matters.

Our floor Saddle Ranch outing on friday night was a success, though we didn't get to explore much else of citywalk. It's ok though, it's not the last time I'll be there.

Festival of Books is this weekend. It makes me realize how few authors I know, but I'd like to walk around, in hopes that I can absorb all of the book-wormy goodness oozing from the minds, mouths, and ears of authors and literary connoisseurs all around me. I think I'll go again tomorrow.

My high school cross country/track coach (who has coached for more than 15 years) may be replaced by some PE teacher who started teaching at Lowell about three years ago. This new guy is invoking some clause in the teacher's union contract saying that he should have priority in getting the head coach position because he is an employed school teacher, while the current coach holds a full time job elsewhere. He wanted to train with us my senior year, but he did nothing. Maybe he was an assistant coach these past two years after I left. Looking up his competition records online, he's a damn fine runner, though I wouldn't be surprised if he has had no coaching experience. Upon hearing this news from other alumni, we are all outraged, and I wouldn't doubt that we will find some way to remedy the situation.

My thoughts are a bit scrambled right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home