Wednesday, August 11, 2004

20 Questions

You know never ceases to amuse me? At work, whenever we take someone's order, we bombard them with 20 questions, just to get them their bagel and a latte. A typical order might go something like this:

Customer: Hi, let me get a bagel and a latte
Me: Sure, what kind of bagel?
C: Plain.
Me: Would you like your bagel sliced?
C: Yes please.
Me: Would you like cream cheese with that?
C: Yes please.
Me: And what kind of cream cheese would you like?
C: Just plain, thanks.
Me: Would you like your bagel on a plate or in a bag?
C: In a bag is fine.
Me: And what size latte would you like?
C: Medium.
Me: And would you like whole milk or nonfat milk?
C: Nonfat.
*And so I go get their food, occasionally forgetting something, going back to double check their order, but I eventually get what they want*
Me: Is there anything else I can get you?
C: No thanks.
Me: Are you a student here?
C: Yup.
Me: Ok, that'll be $$$. Have a good day.

Well, ok, I only counted 9 questions. But multiply that by however many people who come in everyday. Hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home