Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Lack of Commitment

So here I am, ditching my previous two xanga's for Blogger. What are you going to do about it? Muahaha...
Uhm, yeah, really the only reason why I'm switching is because for some reason xanga refused to post my previous entries. For example, this is one that I wrote last week (Tuesday, I think):

Doing well, I suppose. Got back to UCLA on sunday night, making pretty good time for having left the bay area at around 4 oclock (we got back at around 9, 9:30 or so).

So, the thing that worried me most was having to cook for myself. Monday night was a dinner of instant noodles and instant oatmeal. Finally got a chance to go buy some real food at Ralph's. Man, people must have thought that I was crazy. I stood there staring at the meat for a while, half laughing cuz I was way in over my head. Ended up grabbing a package of chicken. Almost same deal when I went to get vegetables. Gosh, pre-packed or not? Decided it was probably cheaper to buy some vegetables, then cut them up and mix them myself, so I ended up getting a head of broccoli (does broccoli come in heads like a lettuce?) and a package of baby carrots. At the checkout line, an upper middle age lady saw the food I had in the basket, and said something like, "I can tell that you're a single college student." I wasn't offended, she was joking anyway. She suggested that next time, I should need more greens. Nice old lady.

Eh, cooking isn't so bad, but given time, perhaps it shouldn't take me an hour to cook, and another half hour to eat and do the dishes. Later I can spill more details about the cooking experience.

Anyway, bumped into just about everyone today. Called up Ryan, a guy from AXE and also from my lab class the last two quarters, so that I could grab the rest of my stuff from his apartment, and afterward, he gave me a ride back to campus. Heard a voice calling me as I started to walk toward class, and it was Mindy. Talked for a while as I walked over to Bunche. After that, headed to the bank and ran into Michael, a guy from Orientation. He was heading off to work at Kerckhoff, and it occurred to me that I should apply for a job there too. He went on his way, and I walked a half a block further down, and bump into Ryan again. Small world. Talked for a little while, and he went with me to the bank (it was only half a block down). He had to go meet a friend, so as I left the bank, ran into Bilford. Talked with him for a little while also, and then walked to get a course reader. Damn those things are expensive. Walked back to campus to apply for a job at Kerckhoff, and with the application done, I went to the coffeehouse to turn it in, and of course, bump into Michael again (not unexpected, because he did say that he was going to work). After that, went to Ralphs, of course see above, and then back to the apartment. Mindy calls to ask if I want to go to Jamba Juice, so walked back to westwood, and again walked back to the apartment (emphasis on the lots of walking done today).


Well, that's all for now. I really do have some more to vent, but now is not the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home