Freaking Billionaires
Heard today that Google is releasing shares of its company to the public today. Funny, I thought they had planned on doing that a long time ago. But damn, those guys who started the company are freaking billionaires.
The news article that I read said that the company is valued at 36 billion. Each owner holds about 15.6 percent of the company, so each guy is worth at least 5.6 billion a piece. Another way that I calculated it was that with 268.5 million shares of Google floating around, and at 15.6% of that number, each guy owns 42 million shares. Each share is projected to fetch between $108 and $135, so base price, if they sold their shares at $108, that's at least $4.5 billion dollars, though smaller than the other way I calculated it, it's still a hell of a lot of money.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home