Friday, July 09, 2004

I beam with pride when I hear my phone ring

My cell phone really isn't the coolest one out there, no camera, it's a little banged up and worn out, but something cool I've recently learned how to do is to download free ringtones onto it. Anyway, you're supposed to go to a website called Tagtag, browse through until you find the song you want, and copy the code for the song. After that, you connect to the website with your phone, punch in the code, and it downloads the song. Not sure why I haven't discovered similar sites like this until now.
Anyway, I liked some of the ringtones that they had on the website, but there was one thing I wanted to try. I think it was winter quarter, and I was playing around with a midi composer, and came up with that musicbox jingle Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera. Yes, the one that the little monkey plays, with the clapping cymbals and everything. Dude, I want something like that. But I digress. Point being, I wanted that tone on my phone. But how to do that?
I guess with a little experiementation, and a stroke of inspiration, I figured that I could upload it somewhere online, then directly download it. It also occurred to me to submit it to the Tagtag site, and then download it, but that took too long. The site is pretty unreliable anyway. But instead of punching in the url for the tagtag site, and then navigating using the phone (which is a real bitch to do), I tried typing in the url for the song that I uploaded. And Huzzah! It worked! So now, whenever anyone calls, I have a brand new repertoire of ringtones! Yay! Only drawback is that the phone doesn't vibrate anymore when it's set to ring on these certain songs. I'll try to figure that out, I suppose.

Eh, still adjusting to using Blogger, and it's being weird. When you click on the link and it opens a new window, it doesn't look like the link will work. How do I fix that?
-----
10:36 pm
Nevermind, I fixed the links. Well, actually, I did it earlier today. They work fine now, but before it kept linking to www.captainwhatshisname.blogspot.com/http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~dluong85/masquerade.mid instead of just http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~dluong85/masquerade.mid

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know to post to something so old is horrible, but i really would like to ask how exactly you got your little Masquerade song to work. It's the song i want for my cellphone, and i've never beenable to find it. Could you help me out?

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home