Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing a Day, #1

Yet another feeble attempt to restart this blog, but this time I have a goal in mind. It may be overly ambitious. You may call me crazy. And in fact, there's a good chance that I'll fail. But it may be time to throw caution into the wind and other cliches.

Anyhoo, the goal is to post one update every day. I'm aiming for real, substantive posts here, not just some half-assed link to a funny video that I saw. You're not going to see top ten, top seven, top whatever lists as well. It's not to say that those aren't interesting. In fact, there are many amusing articles, but most of the time, those just seem so lazily thrown together, and never really end up particularly well written. More than anything else, however, they just go to prove how deeply entrenched we are in the ADD/ADHD type of mentality. More on that in a future post. With all of that said, I'm not going to impose some kind of minimum length, as I'm sure the quality of each post will drop if I'm simply putting out verbal diarrhea just to get 500 words. However, at the same time, I'm not going to rule out shorter posts on the days that I'm swamped with stuff to do. Or just lazy. Who knows, there may be days where you'll see two posts to make up for a skipped day. All I'm saying is, can't promise that I'll try, but I promise that I'll try to try.

Lastly, not sure if anyone catches the reference to the title, but 20 points to you if you know. Perhaps it can be a quiz of the day type of thing too.

Feel free to ignore the upcoming topics section at the bottom, as it's more of a reminder/brainstorm to think of other things to write about for future posts. These will likely be phrases that mean absolutely nothing. I may end up making full length posts about these things, or that lone phrase at the bottom may be the last that you hear. Hopefully this ensures that I will never run out of topics, as a lack of interesting things to talk about is probably the most challenging part of this experiment. Feel free to make suggestions too, the uhh... two of you who are reading.

Well... that was simple enough for day one. Just easing into it.

----------------------
Upcoming topics:
Celebrity deaths 2009
Death of blogging at the hands of twitter,
ADD/ADHD: twitter, facebook, top ten lists
Death of journalism as a whole, or perhaps something rising out of its ashes
Jon Stewart is my idol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home