Friday, February 06, 2009

Congress is full of a bunch of idiots

Video here.

Once again, Jon Stewart is the voice of reason among the cacophony of idiots. Why oh why do we care how high a trillion dollars worth of $100 bills stack? Or how many times those bills would circle the earth if taped end to end?

Am I the only one who thought about how expensive it was just to create the posters? (Cost of printing two posters: $100 easily, if not more. Time to research and design poster, or pay an intern to research and design a poster (at conservative estimates of $25 an hour, for three hours): $75.

Assuming a paper bill is 0.0043in thick:

$1x10^12 x (0.0043in / $100) x (1ft/12in) x (1 mi/ 5280ft) = 679mi high. Yup, that's right.

Oh! I know, let's use those trillion dollars worth of hundred dollar bills to build us a paper house! Mmmm, I call the master bedroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home