So the last few days have been a bit of a blur, in the midst of so much excitement, going out, staying in, and running about. Per request of Mindy, I guess it's time for an update. Yay!
I've been thinking about getting a new laptop. In fact, I'm certain that I will get a new laptop, just hopefully soon. The plan is to spend $2,000 to get the best options available. I've decided that Powerbooks are prohibitively expensive, at least for the options that I'd want; even then, I'd wait until the OS X Tiger comes out. And if I can't have a Powerbook, I'm not sure I want a Mac at all. I had said that I didn't want a Dell, but for now, it seems that it gives me the most freedom to configure the things that I want. The one that I'd want is the 17 inch inspiron. Blah, I'll figure it out eventually. Suggestions on other brands?
Last weekend was Casino night in the dorms. No, we don't play with real money. Which is a good thing, because I would never gambled more than $5 the entire night. Since I figured that I would never win anything, I turned in my chips for raffle tickets immediately after I was done dealing. I was getting hungry too, so I stayed for one drawing, then gave my tickets to someone else; it's ok, they didn't win anything with those tickets. A few of us on the floor had already ordered pizza from Rieber, and since it was put on my card, I guess I had to go to pick it up anyway. So we go back to DeNeve to eat, we talk and laugh, and by midnight, I was getting ready to go to bed. Not a bad night, eh? So as I was sitting at my computer waiting for my hair to dry, George walks in and tells me that I won an iPod from the volunteer's raffle. Wasn't sure that I believed him... would have been a cruel joke to play, but then again I had no reason not to believe him. I ran back to Covel to see if I could still claim the prize, but damn, they packed up already. The next day, the guy who ran the Casino night prizes emails the group of volunteers who had won. Up until then, I wasn't sure what kind of ipod I had won. Could have been a shuffle, could have been a mini, or it could have been the regular 20gb. Lo and behold, it turns out that it's the 20gig. Yay! I could hardly wait to pick it up, so the next day I go at 9 oclock to ORL central to see if I could get it. The person I was supposed to get it from wasn't there, but the nice secretary told me to come back later in the day. I can't remember what happened during the time in between, but when I went back, I guess the secretary had been entrusted to distribute the prizes to people coming in to pick them up. That same night, I charge it, and plug it in to load some songs. After itunes finished its job, apparently, the songs wouldn't play when the ipod turned on. Weird. Nothing that another reformat wouldn't fix. And fix it it did. That is the end of the ipod story. Unless you want to know what I plan to do with it. I really don't need the large one, so I may end up bringing it home and keeping the shuffle with me. Between my sister and my brothers, they can fight over it. For now, I predict that it will see a great deal of use though.
Oh, tonight was stand-up comedy at Ackerman. Thanks to Mindy for reminding me to go. Most of the comedians were funny, except for the first one. He told too many racist jokes. Actually, I don't mind that they were racist, it's just that they weren't funny. Or tasteful. Bah, oh well. I really liked the third guy, Adam Hunter. I found clips of him at the Craig Kilborn show, and oddly enough, he wore the exact same thing on the show. Bobby Lee apparently was the headline guy (I think he plays the part of asian women on MadTV). He is a dirty old man. Who doesn't wear underwear. Yes, he showed us. Uhm....nothing but sex jokes, but it was pretty funny, he was much more energetic than everyone else. Anyway, that was my night. This has been fun, I should write in this thing more often. Someone remind me to, or else it will go neglected. Just like the fish in our lounge.... oh crap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home